Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trendspotting: tye-dye and ombre

Usually, I associate tye-dye with summer camp soffee shorts and ombre with hair. But lately ombre has been seen in various pieces of clothing, from button ups to jeans. I have also recently started to see the tye-dye trend emerging again, not in the same way. I have been seeing the tye dye trend in more subtle colors, mostly bleached and used as details rather than a whole print. Considering that this trend is becoming very popular it will be pretty easy to find an ombre or dip/tye dyed piece of clothing. However, wouldn't it be cooler if YOU made the item? Personally I would choose to make something myself over buying an item. Over this five-day weekend one of my tasks is to dip-dye a pair of shorts in bleach, creating an ombre effect. I am sure to post a DIY on that later this weekend! For now, I just wanted to give a little insight to this trend and how I see it rapidly emerging. Don't forget to check back this weekend!
By the way, denim is my favorite fabric used incorporating this trend!
LF stores

Forever 21

LF stores

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, I'm a huge fan of OMBRE and those jeans at the top are so fun!

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete