Sunday, August 25, 2013

D'ya Say D'Orsay?


I may or may not be making an utter fool out of myself by making this post, but we'll see. The reason I say that is because this "new" style of ballet flat, called the "D'Orsay" flat is news to my ears. While shopping online on Urban Outfitters I came across a few flats with this silhouette and I adopted a liking to all of them, then I went on to Nordstrom.com and proceeded to find many flats of the same style. As far as I can tell this silhouette is fairly new but to others maybe not. Personally, I'm extremely fond of this style, after a couple of years of the classic ballet flat feeling somewhat ostracized I think it was time for a new style to be up and coming. I think they're a perfect mix between the pointy-toed loafer that blew up this summer and like I mentioned, the ballet flat. Here are some of my favorites. 


2 comments:

  1. the jenni kayne d'orsay flats are perf! love love love

    xx ella
    www.ellaetcetera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Ella! Hope you're enjoying yourself back in California!

      Michaela Christine

      Delete