Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY: skull cut-out tee



SKULL CUT-OUT TEE

The skull cut-out tee became instantly popular this season within weeks, there is now so many different versions of this cut-out; sweatshirts, tanks, tees, leopard print, neon, etc. I thought this was a really cute idea when I first saw it but I didn't know if I would wear one much if I bought one, so I made one myself! It was surprisingly one of the easiest DIYs I've done yet. Ironically the most time consuming though. The best part is you don't need to purchase anything for this DIY, the only thing you might need is a plain tee shirt of your choice if you don't have one already. In my case I just used an old black tee shirt.
What else you will need:
Scissors
a white gel pen/chalk pen/pencil (for a black shirt)
OR
a black pen for any other color
OR 
paper and tape (just simply cut out the shape of the skull on paper and tape it on the shirt, then cut along the edge of the paper!)

Also make sure you have a reference!


Just start tracing out the skull design!

Once your done start cutting! Be sure to put a box or cardboard between the shirt though just so you don't cut the other side by accident. 

Final turnout!

Since the shirt I used was really big and I didn't try it on before I cut it (bad idea on my part) I cut the front so it is a little shorter then the back so its easy to tuck into shirts! 

Happy DIYing!

2 comments:

  1. You did such an amazing job! Looks like the ones in stores!

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a compliment, thanks! you have great style by the way :)

      Delete