Sunday, September 9, 2012

NYFW: Part 1

As all of you guys know, NYFW is currently "in session". Thus most of my time is consumed of watching runway shows. So far, since we're only about 4 days into it, I'm really loving what I'm seeing for spring. Mostly, I love how not everything is girly and pastels are the only color we see! Frankly, I am kind of tired of pastels, despite how gorgeous they are. Of course, there are some designers who can't seem to get away from the trend though, such as Maison Martine Margiela as seen below. In this case pastels were done right in spite of that, metallic was combined in and pastels were used in knits. 


Walter Baker was one of my most favorite (wearable) collections, the clothing pieces alone were spectacular. Then once the pieces were styled in my favorite ways, such as mixing-prints or color blocking, the whole ensemble just came together like that.


WHITE! WHITE! WHITE! Clearly, white was also very prominent so far. We started seeing this trend last spring, but not many people jumped on it. However this upcoming spring is going to be a winter wonderland (color wise). 

Nina Skarra

Parkchoonmoo

Chadwick Bell

Ruffian


No comments:

Post a Comment